Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Blizzard!

Here I am to report that we are currently experiencing blizzard-like conditions here in the Rockies. Yes, folks, though last night was clear and warm, this morning, the yard looked like this:



Yesterday, there was NO snow. The grass was still green!

How will this affect the attendence at tonight's NaNoWriMo Kick Off Party? Only time will tell...

Now for a comical interlude taken from the new Beatniks' Villa Forum in the Poetry section of my teen writing group's Library at CleanPlace.net, from the Poets' Poetry Chatline:

So we did get our snow!
What a blizzard it's been!
Though we knew it was coming,
I'd said, with a grin,

"There's no snow coming now.
I tell you--absurd!
The sky is not darkened.
The clouds aren't blurred."

But my husband, that dear,
He just shook his head.
He said I was wrong,
And to watch out instead.

So what to my wondering eyes did appear?
When I looked out the window to see?

A blizzard had come,
Yes, it had and now I
Am stuck in this house.
My prediction arwy!

No comments:

Post a Comment