Wednesday, March 18, 2009

18/365 Postcrossing Cards



I have always been a fan of snail mail. You can ask anyone who I corresponded with in college. They probably have a boxful of hand-decorated envelopes from me. Unfortunately, life after college got busy with marriage, career, and later, kids. I still enjoy snail mailing on occasion, but those times are so few and far between.

I came across a site called PostCrossing.com which is a project that allows people to receive postcards from all over the world, practically for free. If you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world.

Why send postcards to random people? Because there are lots of people just like me who like to receive snail mail! There is also the added element of surprise of receiving postcards from different places in the world.

I signed up for it and have four postcards ready to mail this week. This reminds me a lot of the Griffin & Sabine books. What fun! I'm excited to see what happens when my cards start crossing the ocean.

If you're interested, you can see my PostCrossing profile here.

No comments:

Post a Comment