Friday, March 27, 2009

iHeartFaces: Fix Friday #8


Over at iHeartFaces.com, they have a weekly event during which they take a "not-so-good" photo and give it to their contributors to "fix" in whatever photo editor they wish to use. There's no prize, but it's something fun for design geeks like me to do on a Friday afternoon.

Above is the image they provided for Fix-It-Friday, Week #8.

Below is how I edited it to my own liking.



This is another girl in a fantasy setting like I did for Fix It Friday #6. I don't know what it is about little girls; I always want to make them into whimsical fairies. Maybe they'll get an adult's picture up for F.I.T. one of these days, and I can be inspired some other way.

I used Photoshop's artistic filters, lighting effects, and overall color tweaking techniques. I'm a fan of masks and transparent duplicate layers. Various additional images were found around the web in bits and pieces.

I think I might have gone a little overboard on this one. LOL Please comment and let me know what you think!

There are a lot more images to check out from other contributors, so click on that link if you'd like to see them too.

8 comments:

  1. wow...this is fun :) perfect daydream come to life for such a sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Briony: Thank you! It does have a daydreamy feel, doesn't it?

    Rebekah & Jill: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how fun!!! Looks like a dream or a fairytale!! I bet any girl would love that!

    :)
    ~Tabitha~

    freshmommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how she got turned into a fairy! You have amazing editing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha!! I love it! So much fun... any little girl would love to see herself like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're talented! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete