Saturday, November 4, 2006

Day 2, 3, & 4: Gah!

Day Two: We had out Kick Off party (finally), but much to my chargrin, we didn't really have any set writing time. I did win another "I write books" pin which was cool, but I wrote a measley 886 words in about an hour. After which point, a friend came over to talk to me, and that was the end of that. (Not that I minded! She's moving to Africa on Sunday for goodness' sake. I did want to talk to her.)

Day Three: I barely got in any words yesterday. We drove up to Leadville to visit my father-in-law last night after a super busy day, and I tell you--if I hadn't taken my laptop and written during the car ride up there, making myself completely sick and naseous from staring at a bright white screen in the dark, I wouldn't have even gotten in that 893 words. I was so exhausted by time we arrived, that writing seemed quite far from my mind. At least I finished Chapter 1.

Day Four: I woke up around 5:45 a.m. with this persistent and annoying urge to get writing on my NaNo because surely the day would be too busy to do any noveling. So I thought to myself, "Okay, I'll think of something to write first." Eeeengk! Mistake #1. Then I decided to lay down in bed while I was thinking. Eeeengk! Mistake #2. I woke up around 8:15 a.m., the same time my daughter awoke, and that was the end of that.

So we drove home this evening (yes, the visit was very short), and I was completely wiped out from a day of walking around main street Leadville and going from this place to that. My husband was ready to shove me out the door to write, but I said, "I've decided my plan!" Doesn't that sound so official and important and like I have a clue?

My plan was to let tonight ride as a zero day and get up early tomorrow to write. Then I would take an extended writing date in the afternoon and make up for the utter measliess which is my word count.

I layed down in bed and picked up No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty, founder of NaNoWriMo, and silly me, I started reading the pep talk about Week 1. So now here I am at the computer, having been kicked in the mental butt to at least make an attempt at my word count though I'm tired and uninspired and feel I have absolutely nothing to say.

Then again...Maybe I do have something to say. This was quite the long blog entry, now wasn't it? Off to work I go.

2 comments:

  1. :( YOu ok though? You sound. *blink* kind of...defeated...

    It's good to see you again on CP, Mangy, we missed you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome back, Midget. :oD Yes, I was definitely feeling deflated that day. But I wrote and wrote that night and even exceeded my word count for the day by 100 words or so.

    I need to post about that and also my awesome writing time from today (Sunday). My morale is much, much higher as of this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete