Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 9 & 10: Write-in & Speed Flashback

I hosted a write-in on Friday at Einstein's, and we did several timed writings which was very good. Often timed writings are all I can offer my poor NaNo novel when my word count is floundering. I wrote 1,805 words that day.

Saturday turned out to be a strange one. I'd wanted to write in the afternoon, but lost the chance when my husband came home late from doing a mountain climb. I'd also planned to go see a movie with a friend at 9:40 p.m., so at 20 minutes til 9:00, I sat down and pounded out 1,085 words in about 25 minutes by inserting a flashback into Dali's childhood. I was pretty impressed with myself even though it didn't exactly meet my quota. We all have those days!

Words to date: 13,787
Words to go: 36,213

No comments:

Post a Comment