Sunday, November 25, 2007

Day 25: Winner takes all!


Today was a marathon to reach the end. Once I got within 3K of the finish line, I couldn't allow myself to stop until I finished. It was a crazy afternoon and evening at Panera Bread, pounding out words until they kicked us out after closing. I had a mere 380 words to write.

So I came home and after everyone was in bed, I ventured downstairs to get those final few hundred words down. They were actually quite tricky to manage because I'd finished my novel back at Panera Bread! So it was adding 20 here and 15 there that eventually added up to a verifiable 50,033 words.

Whew! It was such a weird ride this year, but I am so very thankful to be a part of it. I'm quite relieved to be finished now as this week is going to be a busy one.

This is the earliest I've finished since I started doing NaNoWriMo, but it was also the hardest to get through. I had many more "zero days", but higher word counts than ever on the days I did write. Odd. I guess stranger things have happened. Like writing 9,454 words in one day! My word--now that IS a record for me.

Anyway, hooray for me! Another NaNo novel is in the record books--to be forever covered with dust until one day I have the time and energy to surmount the beastly task of editing the monstrosity. Oh well. It was all a blast just the same.

Words to date: 50,0033 (verified!)
Words to go: Zilch! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mangy, very excited for you! This 1st NaNo for me will not result in a WIN but it still advanced me to 11K...I'm glad for that at least. We had a wild ride for Thanksgiving and totally emotionally draining...I'm trying to use it as amunition but not sure that's possible just yet. Anyhow...I'm so glad that we had the chance to meet! Do you have a regular blog that I can keep updated through? I am already excited for next year's NaNo when Baby Girl is a year older!!!! :-) Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete