Sunday, November 27, 2005

I did it!

This afternoon, I finished my NaNoWriMo novel and have verified my word count at 50,110 words--including "the" and "end"! Hooray! After verifying my count on the NaNo site, I was taken to the winners' page where I was able to download this lovely winner's icon as well as a nifty certificate that I can print out, hang on the wall, and smile at with my plump and happy ego. ;o)

What a wonderful experience this has been! Such a challenge but worth every ridiculously insane moment.

And by the way, I did actually finish the novel, if you didn't get the hint above. My last two words were THE END.

Thank you to everyone for their support, especially the ladies at the CleanPlace teen writers' forum! And many huge hugs and thanks to my husband for his sacrifice of time so that I could go and write like a madwoman. Oh yeah, and finally thanks to the folks at Einstein Bros. Cafe for letting me occupy their booths for inordinate amounts of time.

Final Stats from my NaNoWriMo Report Card:
Total Words Written 50,110
Total Hours Spent Writing 34.21

Avg Words Written Per Day 1855
Avg Hours Writing Per Day 1.27
Avg Words Per Hour 1464
Avg Morale Per Day 6

Number of Words Remaining 0
Number of Days Remaining 3


Hooray! I wrote a 50,110 word novel in 27 days!

5 comments:

  1. *cheers* Conrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mangy! Congrats! We knew you could do it!!!

    By the way, the above comment was from Lamb of God. :)

    HOOT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! It has been soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You did it, and you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Laurie! And thanks for visiting my blog! Looking forward to meeting you at the TGIO party Friday. :oD

    ReplyDelete