Friday, November 4, 2005

Victory!

Morale is high today. I give it an 8 out of 10. I'm sitting here at Einstein Bros Cafe and have just finished writing for today. I managed to bang out a whole chapter--2,675 words. I am enjoying this story the more I write it, though I still have a longing for the novel that I have left behind for this month, The Visitors.

I feel as though those characters are looking at me from behind the ice wall that has formed there. It's a thin barrier at the moment, able to be broken at any time, but they are crying out for attention. I'm still taking those chapters to my Tuesday night crit group though, so I have a lot of warmth left for them.

For now, though, Layne and Jesse have my attentions and affections. Their relationship is growing in my mind and, as Stephen King would say, the monolithic creature that is their story is being unearthed more each day.

I should breach the 40,000 words-to-go mark tomorrow.

Words to go: 41,606

No comments:

Post a Comment